101. Newton is the unit of Force.
102. Radium was discovered by Madam Marie Curie.
103. The memory of the computer is expressed in bytes
104. AIDS is caused by Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
105. Chemical name of gypsum is Calcium Sulphate.
106. Molten super-hot material present inside a volcano is called Magma/Lava.
107. Richter scale measures the severity of Earthquake.
108. pH of blood is 7.3-7.4.
109. one of the countries through which equator passes is Kenya.
110. Purest form of iron is Wrought Iron.
111. Hypo is a solution of sodium thiosulphate.
112. Cod liver oil contains Vitamin D.
113. Aorta is a n organ of the Circulatory System.
114. Planet Mars has two moons.
115. Bauxite is an ore of Aluminium.
116. Circular aperture which appears as a dark spot in the eyes is called pupil.
117. The speed of light is nearly 300, 0000 km/sec.
118. Ideally water can be used as a car fuel after electrolysis.
119. Our eye is very sensitive to blue light.
120. Al Beruni died in 1048 A.D.
121. Abu ail Sina born in Iraq.
122. Blue colour has shortest wavelength.
123. Light travels fattest in Vacuum.
124. The universe is Expanding.
125. The disease, Haemophilia is caused by the deficiency of Vitamin K.
126. Protein is a nautral polymer.
127. Astronomers cannot be nominated for the Noble Prize.
128. A sheet of muscles called Diaphragm separates the chest from the abdomen.
129. In human body, blood clotting factor is produced by the platelets.
Human blood is able to carry large amounts of oxygen because of the Haemoglobin.
130. The living part of a plant cell is composed of a nucleus and cytoplasm.
131. The pattern for building protein molecule is stored in the messenger RNA.
132. Anvil and stirrup are names of bones present in the ear.
133. The front of the eye is covered with a tough transparent material called Cornea.
134. The young plant inside a grain of wheat is called the Embryo.
135. Inborn behaviour that involves only one part of the body is called Reflex Action.
136. The smallest branches of an artery lead into tiny blood vessels called capillaries.
137. Eustachian tube belongs to ear.
138. Cartilage is a connective tissue.
139. Auricle is present in heart.
140. Tendon is a muscle.
141. Dendrites are the part of Neuron.
142. In an animal cell protein is synthesized in the Ribosome.
143. Chemically finger nails are made up of protein.
144. Muscle stiffness is symptom caused by the disease Tetanus.
145. Riboflavin (vitamin B2) is not affected by cooking.
146. Thiamine is vitamin B1.
147. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C.
148. Rickets is caused by the deficiency of vitamin D.
149. The number of chromosomes in the spermatozoon is 23.
150. The fat in our food is digested by the Enzyme Lipase.
151. The most abundant element in the human body is Oxygen.
152. Sound is a form of energy.
153. A fraction of sunlight is refracted as it enters the earthes atmosphere.
154. Rainbows are produced by the reflection of light through rain drops.
155. Light switches in our homes are connected in parallel series.
156. Generators convert mechanical energy into electricity.
157. Modern incandescent bulbs do not contain filaments made of copper.
158. Trout is not a sea fish.
159. Epiphytes are a plant that grows upon another plant.
160. Hepatitis is the inflammation of liver.
161. Meningitis is inflammation of membrane surrounding the brain.
162. Equinox is the time when the sun appears vertically overhead at noon at the equator.
163. Joseph Aspdin is the inventor of cement.
164. Neurology is the science of Nervous system.
165. Biometry is the application of statistics in the study of Biology.
166. Aviculture is the rearing and breeding of birds.
167. Malaria is caused by Plasmodium.
168. Goitre is caused due to deficiency of Iodine in diet.
169. Typhoid is caused by Salmonella Typhosa.
170. Black hole is a hypothetical region of space having a gravitational pull so great that no mater or
radiation can escape from it.
171. Fungicide is used against moulds and fungi.
172. The science which deals with heredity is known as Genetics.
173. Insulin is used for the treatment of Diabetes.
174. Yuri Gagarin is the first space man.
175. The distance between the earth and the sun is called Astronomical unit.
176. The study of chemical processes in living organisms is called Biochemistry.
177. The first computer virus invented by two Pakistani brothers is called the brain virus.
178. Severe deficiency of vitamin C results in Scurvy.
179. Plant cells manufacture their food due to the presence of chlorophyll.
180. Mitosis is a type of cell division where in the number of chromosomes in the daughter cell are
181. Blood cells are of three types.
182. The ultraviolet rays cause sunburn.
183. Xylem and Phloem are conducting tissues.
184. Carbohydrates are cheapest and most ready source of energy.
185. Enzymes are responsible for chemical digestion of food.
186. Plasma is the fluid part of the blood in which the cells are suspended.
187. Haemoglobin combines with oxygen and transport to different cells of the body.
188. Neutron is the negative charged particle in an atom.
189. Hydrogen is the lightest gas.
190. Mercury is the smallest planet of the solar system.
191. Image of the object is formed on the retina of the eye.
192. Barometer is used for measuring the pressure.
193. Monomer of proteins is Amino Acids.
194. Water transport in plants occurs within Xylem.
195. Underground horizontal stems are allied Rhizomes.
196. In the eye only Retina contains receptors for light energy.
197. Plant Hormones control plant response to environment stimuli.
198. Mitochondria are often called the powerhouse of the cell.
199. The rate at which a current changes direction is called its Line Frequency/Main frequency.
200. Diamond is an allotropic form of the element Carbon.
101. Newton is the unit of Force.